Saturday, March 22, 2008

Webdesign R Us

There are so many Etsy bloggers who not only blog to promote their own creations, but go out of their way to help others in promoting their shops as well. Brandi Ann Designs with indispensable photography pointers, Contrariwise with her "Lessons Learned on Etsy" series, and Wyred on Wire with advice on time management, to name a few.

I've learned so much from reading blogs like these, and in the spirit of giving back I've tried to come up with something that might be helpful to others as well. But what?

Besides creating jewelry I'm also a professional webdesigner, and hold certification in all elements of webdesign. I have over a hundred sites to my credit and perhaps it might be this experience that I can share with others who wish to spruce up their blogs and banners or personalize a pre-existing template with their own touch. I can also point the way to some great (and free) tools which I couldn't build websites without, and all user-friendly.

Granted, I don't have many readers on this blog (as of yet...but I'm hopeful!), but for those who stop by, please leave a comment if you think a series on some basic webdesigning tips and pointers would be helpful. :)

4 comments:

brandianndesigns said...

oooooooh. now here's a good idea! you can start with my website/etsy banner to start if you want! i love critique and criticism (constructive of course!)

www.brandianndesigns.

brandianndesigns.etsy.com

Alicia said...

I think this is a great idea! I have no knowledge in that area I'm still trying to figure out what I do with a plugboard and how I can put up ads on my blog. There is so much you could do with this I can't wait to read and learn. I also wanted to thank you for mentioning me (blushing) and my blog.

Unknown said...

mardi
your jewelry is so beautiful and your blog is great. your photography of your product shots are beautiful, too.

thanks for the other article mentioning wyred on wire's time management. i need to learn time management.

aliens infotech said...

your webdesign is very nice....

by
Search engine optimization