Monday, February 18, 2008

Girl With A Torch

In the first step to overcoming my fear of being within inches of an open flame, I went out and bought myself a micro torch yesterday! I hadn't thought very much about how much could be saved by making my own headpins, but the huge savings along with the joy of having as many as I need on hand when I'm itching to start a new design made it impossible for me to not give it a try.

Huge savings if I manage to not burn the house down with it, that is! :D

I received a gift card for Valentine's Day (thank you JP! ), and promptly spent it on fine silver wire in two gauges and several feet of 18k gold wire. When they get here, out will come the torch and here's hoping that I'll be successfully buried in headpins of my very own making before long!

1 comment:

brandianndesigns said...

ooooooooh, i've been dying to make my own (as a matter of fact i gave it a shot today with our gas stove...) don't tell my husband! worked fine. so, now that i know i want to make more...can you tell me about this "mini-torch"? sounds interesting.

i was thinking a creme brulee torch would do just fine.